About the Director
Asperger’s has had a dynamic role in Aaron’s life and those that are in it, including his family, friends, and personal relationships. Through this exposure, he has developed a high degree of passion and understanding toward their struggles. He became tired of seeing so many people who were close to him experience discrimination while they were seeking employment. Aaron empathized with his friends’ emotional experiences when they were denied jobs for which they were well qualified. During 6 years as Executive Director Asperger’s Training, Employment, and Life Skills, he’s helped secure employment for 172 adults with high functioning disabilities–including ex-felons and disabled Veterans. Public awareness within our community and building lifelong relationships with employers is a primary target of our organization.
Aaron’s been an active member of our Las Vegas community since arriving in 1998. He enjoyed successful private sector service in property management, gaming, and airline
management–to name a few. He’s also been fortunate to engage in successful public service, which included teaching in Clark County School District, Faith Lutheran Junior
High, and Faith Lutheran High School. He also served as a Clark County Juvenile Probation Officer, Military Veteran, and ran as a 2018 political candidate for Clark County Public
Aaron’s very passionate about giving back to our community. He participates as a board member for several local non-profits (UNLV, Veterans, Fire Fighters and Autism) to
support community-based programs with his nonprofit experience. He’s also a community advocate for, autism, veterans, education, law enforcement, domestic violence, foster
families, and anti-human trafficking.
Aaron sponsors an annual fundraiser to send kids and their families from Safe Nest (domestic violence), Foster Connect (foster families), Disabled Veterans, and our local Boys
& Girls clubs to Wet’ n’ Wild for a fun day in the park. Public service has been an integral part of Aaron’s life. He looks forward to continue serving the community.
- UNLV Veterans Alumni Board-Executive Board Member-2018 to present
- The Achievement Academy, INC-President/Executive Board Member-2013 to present
- Las Vegas Fire & Rescue/LVMPD Leadership Academy-2017
- Project F.O.C.U.S.-UNLV-Executive Board Member-2018
- Operation Fire H.E.A.T.-Executive Board Member-2016
- Young Nonprofit Professionals Network of Southern Nevada-Executive Board Member-Secretary-2015
- Strategic Plan- R.A.G.E. (Rebuilding all Goals Efficiently-Nonprofit)
- Strategic Plan-Desert Breeze Community Center (Clark County).
- Restructured the Wetlands Park Volunteer Program.
- Research Project-Affectability of the “Taser”- L.V.M.P.D. and UNLV (Dr. William Sousa).
- Las Vegas 51’s “PlayBall” Middle School Reading Competition. 1st place.
- USA Olympics-Victory in Vancouver Campaign. Las Vegas Chapter. 400 Volunteer hours.
Education / Training/ Military
- A.A.S. in Mental Health (CSN).
- B.A. in Criminal Justice (UNLV).
- Master’s in Justice Management-Family and Juvenile Law- (UNR).
- Master’s in Public Administration (UNLV).
- Nevada Commission on Peace Officers’ Standards and Training (POST) – Category 2
- LVMPD Advanced POST Training-Gangs in Clark County
- Operation Desert Storm Veteran/Southwest Asia with Bronze Star
- Pi Alpha Alpha-International Honor Society of Public Administrators
- The American Psychological Association-Academic Achievement in Psychology
- Armed Forces Chamber of Commerce-Committee Member
- American Society of Public Administrators (ASPA)
- International City/County Management Association
- Alliance for Nonprofit Management
- UNLV Alumni Association-Member
- UNLV Alumni-Greenspun College of Urban Affairs
- UNLV Harrah’s School of Hospitality-Intern Ambassador Program
- UNLV-Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders-Ambassador