WHAT DO WE DO?
We provide services for those 17 years and older with Asperger’s (Autism) and other High Functioning Disabilities;
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Developmental Disabilties
- Learning Disabilities (Nonverbal, Anxiety, Dyslexia)
- Borderline Personality Disorder
1. Job Development/Job Retention/Job Coaching (8 Hours)
(Only Private Pay Accepted-$750.00)
A Job Developer is assigned to each client and assists with resume development, application completion, transportation to interviews, job leads, job-readiness/interviewing skills, on-the-job training, job coaching, job matching based on skill set, employer education about disabilities and job searching. The Job Developer has knowledge of the labor market and has developed contacts and relationships with area businesses and will be present on all job interviews. After a client becomes employed, our Job Developers will contact the client and employer every week for the first 30 days to make sure everything is going well at the place of employment. If a problem is discovered, the Job Developer will intervene and do what is necessary to help the client solve the problem and remain employed. Once employed a job coach trains the client at the job site after the client has been employed. This training can be for an extended amount of time or just for a short period, depending on the individual needs of the client. Each additional hour-$30.00 an hour. These hours will be pre-approved before any services are rendered.
2.Employment Training Class/Job Readiness (20 hours)
- Identifying career interests
- Identifying ideal workplace environments
- Workplace-related social skills
- Completing new hire paperwork (W-4, I-9, etc.)
- Mock interviews (Before & After)
- Resume Development
- Flexibility and Teamwork
- Dressing for Success
- 5 Students max per class
***Not currently being offered***
3.Life Skills Class (12 hours)
- Gaining skills and knowledge necessary for promoting independence in daily living.
- Money and checkbook management
- Smart shopping
- Food nutrition
- Home safety
- Appropriate voice tone (including conversations)
- Home maintenance and safety
- 5 students max per class.